The Karl Mannheim Fundation was established by faculty and staff members of the Institute of Sociology in March, 1991. The aims of the fundation are the following:
All decisions of support are made by the elected Board (the President, and two members of the Foundation).
- to support students and young faculty members' studies and conference participation abroad
- to promote the international relations of the Institute, especially exchange programme and joint conferences
- to support the preservation and publication of the ouvre of outstanding Hungarian sociologists, especially Karl Mannheim, Karl Polányi, Pál Szende and István Bibó
- to advance the technological infrastructure of the Institute
- to support the publication of sociological works recommended by the Borad
- to provide scholarships to Hungarian students whose families are unable to support them or who are unable to support themselves while pursuing studies at the Institute.
The present members of the Board are the following:
President: Prof. Dénes NÉMEDI
Members: Prof. Gábor CSANÁDI, Senior Assoc. Prof. Katalin TAUSZ
More information about the Institute of Sociology and Social Policy